Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Chichen Itza

Some pictures I just recovered from several months back. My second visit to Chichen Itza was much different than the first time around. Twelve years ago, the park was not listed among the official "Seven Wonders of the World." This meant that there were no tour buses, no congested queue of tourists waiting out the hours-long line by flicking through images on their digital cameras. I didn't get in the line with the other tourists this time either, to tell you the truth. Instead I came back several hours later and got in free, had much better lighting in much less crowded surroundings. Just a thought for any would-be travelers to this part of the world. Enjoy!







4 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

I love the picture of that kid.
The picture of the stone animal at the end of the pyramid is nifty, too. And I love the pictures of those two girls. What great smiles.

Vanessa Swenson said...

oh, and I'd love to see more pictures like this or from this trip.

Michelle said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!

Your sisters are awesome. So is CI.

Lydia and Josh said...

I want to travel with you and photograph stuff. I love these!